January 19, 2010

The comeback king: Pianoman.

Last week, I was doing the normal ritual of trying to fall asleep and failing to do so. As this was happening, I was thinking. (This is a "no shit, sherlock" moment) I was thinking, "Should I get back my piano groove again?"

Well, today was the first piano lesson I had in exactly 1 year 3 months and 12 days. It is also today that I have realized that it is as up to par as my Form 2 Sejarah.

During this piano lesson, while I didn't sound as if a drunken dog decided to chase a cat in an area restricted to the confinements of the piano keyboard when playing it, I didn't sound as if the dog was NOT drunk when it decided to chase a cat in an area restricted to the confinements of a piano keyboard. Not exactly sure how it degraded so badly, but it has, and I gotta work hard on it, cause the jump from Grade 7 to Grade 8 in the first place is as if you took part in a marathon when you only do 1500m, and now with this 1 year handicap, it gonna be with a 50 km/h face-on wind.

Hopefully what I want to achieve by the end of this year is to just be able to pick up Bach or Beethoven or Chopin and look at it and say, “Hmmm, I’ll try this” instead of “No.”

No comments:

Post a Comment