March 16, 2009

Chapter 2: The people/dorm

I think i'll divide the things into chapter about certain sections of things. Makes things easier. Imagine me giving a post like that last post for EVERYDAY. Haha you'll be bored out of socks. Might be a sensitive topic for some. But it's the truth. lol.
______________________________________________________________________
In terms of overall, general observations.

Ok, the people. Firstly, I would like to point out that Malaysia has 3 races in it and that if forced too, we can live in harmony. Well...almost everyone. Tell the truth, I still think it's sad that we're still sticking to one another. I think one of the factors contributing to this problem is having SJK(C) and SJK(T) schools around. Either that or people who's enviroment was only with the same colour you know what I mean? This of course is also true to those countryside malays. The things they do...

There are four main groups of people. Malay, chinese, indian and the people who know how to mix around. Another problem is the chinese who don't know malay. Seriously, there's quite a shocking number out there who don't know any other language other then chinese/dialeks. So in the camps there, they can't really do anything, cause they DON'T understand anything which for me is quite sad to watch since they don't know what's happening around them, what activities are going to be planned out and that they can only mix around with their own kind. Indians don't really have this problem though. The mixing around part yeah of course all 3 have but not langauge that's for certain.

I don't know what to say about yellow submarines. I mean, some of them are just idiots witht their attitude. Smoking, stealing, acting gangster. Please lah, no need to show off here. These people are always the trouble makers that cause problems for other people. This holds true in the last few days. Always learn to take care of your stuff. Handphones, mp3, cameras and other stuff will end up missing if you're not careful. I almost lost my slippers! But luckly I knew the guy who stole them so he promply gave it back when I asked him too! Another example of the power of making friends?

Btw, my camp mainly consisted of people from Selangor, K.L. and Johor. So most of them came from city areas. Selangor>Johor>K.L>Negeri Sembilan>Melaka (12) There werew 375 people at the start of the camp, and the camp ended with 367 people because the others left for studies/accidents and so on.

Personally

I hanged out with 3 main groups of people.

1. My dorm mates.
2. Dorm 1 people.
3. Damansara gang.

Loved everyone of them.


Interesting location fact:

1. 40% of the people in camp came from Selangor. (150 people)
2. Out of that, 40% came from PJ! (60 people)
3. With that, there were around 20 of us from Damansara. WHOA.
4. BU3, DJ, DU, BU, KDU. :D With DJ numbering the most.

It's quite fun meeting people from around the same area.
____________________________________________________________________

The Dorm


The 367 people are of course divided into guys and girls in the ratio of 52:48 = 190 boys.
The people are then divided into 4 companies. Alpha, bravo, charlie and delta. = 47.
The company is then divided into 2 dorms. = 25 for my dorm, 22 from the other.
In my dorm (Dorm 2) there were 13 malays, 11 chinese and an indian.

I thank god that everyone in my dorm was a blast to hang out with! Some other dorms didn't share the same fate. Stealing, accusations and living in fear in their dorms. Some people didn't sleep on the last night because of that.

I liked the late night maggi chats,
the playing around in dorm,
the sleep which we desperately need,
the dorm was the place to be other then the activities.

Here are some pics of the dorm:


Our dorm! Really! this is how clean we are! Nice right?




Not. Only in the morning before 8.30am Refer to picture below to see the real state of the dorm most of the time :D
This is the locker number, basically it's your ID over here. P is for guys and S is for girls. P208!
My bed and locker for 3 months.
Neighbours bed and locker...for 3 months...Ngiap Sheng...
Ok! I think I'll leave you here with this last pic. Ciao! :D

2 comments:

  1. It's not sensitive at all lol. It's the truth. You should do a moustache on his face

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would have, but he woke up shortly after this photo was taken :D

    ReplyDelete